How will PNDE's follow-up be performed?
Miércoles, 27 de Enero de 2010
In PNDE's final document, six mechanisms for follow-up, evaluation and participation were established:
8.1. Virtual platform www.plandecenal.edu.co
Through this web portal users will have access to the following services:
- Permanent information on the advances of PNDE's implementation and follow up.
- Virtual meeting and social and citizen participation spaces to foster both debate and experience exchange and initiatives regarding the plan.
- Recording of documentation produced during the process of building and implementation of the Plan, and online publication of new documents sent by citizens.
- A tool for automating and evaluating the PNDE process.
- It is the meeting spot and one for articulating all people that play an active role in PNDE.
8.2. National Follow-Up Commission
During the national education assembly that took place in August 2007, conforming a National Follow-Up Commission was agreed, one with autonomous and independent nature, conformed by 23 people: two for each one all of the 11 items in the agenda for public debate and one elected by ethnic groups. Its main duty is to observe and analyze the advances of PNDE based on the instruments of control, assessment and process measurement, management and results indicators.
According to what agreed, in January 2008 the first 10-Year Plan Follow-Up Commission was elected through direct electronic voting of those who actively participated in the Education National Assembly. This First Commission was in force for two years.
The second 10-Year Plan Follow-Up Commission was elected in the First National Assembly of Delegates from regional commissions and it was carried out in Calima, Darién (province of Valle del Cauca) from December 1 to 3, 2009. Such Comission, which will be in force for three years, consists of 33 province delegates and seven representatives from the first Follow-Up Commission.
8.3. National and regional permanent PNDE coordination bodies
The National Government, the Ministry of Education and the Departments of Education in provinces, districts and certified municipalities will establish or maintain their own operation coordination bodies for the follow-up and implementation of PNDE, and will:
- Appoint people in charge and designate adequate and sufficient resources to grant performance.
- Facilitate the necessary conditions to fully comply with PNDE and articulate with the National Plan of Development, as well as the regional and sector plans.
- Foster the agreement of broad social pacts in which other public entities and institutions and organizations of the civil society will be involved.
- The National Government, the Ministry of Education, the Departments of Education and the regional entities must support and invigorate the promotion, spreading and implementation of PNDE in the national, regional, local, sector and institutional contexts.
8.4. National Follow-Up Network
It consists of the assembly members who participated in formulating PNDE and all those individuals and sectors actively committed to the construction and implementation of PNDE. The purpose of the network will be as follows:
- Communicating, promoting and managing PNDE's implementation at all regional levels.
- Having social control on PNDE's implementation.
- Stimulating communication among different players at national, regional and local levels.
- Working in an organized fashion so that PNDE may be taken into consideration and articulated in the formulation of the next municipal and province plans. To do this, signing social pacts as a tool for mobilization and social and political impact for PNDE will be promoted in order to grant that the guideline-like nature turns into obligatory planning reference.
- Articulating PNDE with private and local processes by means of promoting and implementing social pacts and to turn it into a primary source of information to make PNDE's follow-up processes possible.
8.5. PNDE Observatory
It is a technical organism for monitoring PNDE through:
- Design of instruments and results indicators for macro-objectives, macro goals and actions established in each one of the aspects integrating the PNDE document.
- Establishing a baseline as a reference for the elaboration of measurements, and analyzing all results and reports that circulate both domestically and worldwide.
- Research on the evolution of the 10 topics comprising PNDE.
- Coordination with all pertinent sources of information such as the National Commission and all regional, local, sector and institutional bodies, of the sort of PNDE's National Network, for the timely and efficient reception of all information regarding the Observatory's nature and company purpose mission statements.
8.6. Other mechanisms
As part of Law 115, Art. 164, by means of education forums in the municipalities, districts, provinces and the country, thoughts on the status of education from advanced reports at different levels will be debated and reflected on in regards to PNDE.